More than 100 open calls to fund researchers’ mobility and cooperation with European institutions can be found on our compilation. Feel free to circulate it to your peers, researchers and students who are considering an international research stay.
Latin American and the Caribbean
BRAZIL (FAPESP) – Seed funding SPRINT Call for Proposals
SPRINT (São Paulo Researchers in International Collaboration) calls offer seed funding to support the exchange of researchers. The new call details the conditions to submit proposals for the mobility of researchers with the following European institutions that hold cooperation agreements with FAPESP:
• CNRS, France
• Imperial College London, United Kingdom
• Universidad de Salamanca, Spain
• University of Manchester, United Kingdom
• University of Surrey, United Kingdom
Eligibility: Principal investigators within the following funding lines: Regular Research Awards (excluding mobility projects), Thematic Projects, Young Investigators, Research, Innovation and Dissemination Centers (CEPIDs/RIDCs), Public Education Research Program, Research in Public Policies, and Research Partnership for Technological Innovation (PITE). CoPrincipal Investigators of ongoing Thematic Projects, CEPIDs/RIDCs and PITEs are also eligible to apply.
The call is also open to proposals from researchers whose partners are from institutions with which FAPESP does not have a current agreement. In that case, the principal investigator must present to FAPESP evidence of vailability of matching funds.
Deadline: 29 April 2019
CHILE (CONICYT) – Becas Chile postdoctoral
fellowship abroad (outgoing)
Enables doctoral graduates in any area of expertise to start or continue their postdoctoral training at any institution of excellence abroad.
Chilean or foreign researchers with permanent residence in Chile who hold a doctoral degree with an acceptance letter from a foreign university or research centre to start or continue postdoctoral training.
Postdoctoral programmes may vary between 6 months and 2 years. Support is provided on an annual basis with the possibility of renewal up to a maximum period of study of two years.
After finishing the fellowship: It is required that the beneficiary return to Chile within a year of completing the fellowship programme for double the time of the fellowship duration (residents in the Metropolitan Region of Chile) or for a period of time equal to the duration of the fellowship (residents in other regions of Chile).
Deadline: 15 July 2019
COLOMBIA – University of Antioquia – ICETEX Postgraduate scholarships for foreigners (Incoming to Colombia)
The University of Antioquia, through ICETEX’ Reciprocity Programme for Foreigners in Colombia, grants scholarships to foreigners who wish to engage in postgraduate programmes in different areas of knowledge of the University of Antioquia.
Financial aid offered to foreign (non -Colombian) citizens of all nationalities in all areas of knowledge
They are aimed at foreign professionals who do not have dual nationality (Colombian), who are not residing in Colombia and who have been admitted to master’s or doctorate programmes of the Catalogue of Academic Offer General Call 2019.
- Not have Colombian nationality.
- Not be residing or have begun studies in Colombia.
- Not be older than 50 years old.
- Have an average of 4.0 over 5.0 or its equivalent in the Colombian scale to
apply for the call.
- Have a professional or bachelor’s degree.
- Present the certificate of Spanish language proficiency exam (DELE), with a minimum level B2 or another certificate that guarantees the level of Spanish proficiency (spoken and written).
Deadline: 28 June 2019
All the programm is here: https://euraxess.ec.europa.eu/sites/default/files/brazillac_euraxess_funding_2019_june.pdf
[Brazil-EU] Opportunities for Brazilian and European startups/organisations who want to go international
ENRICH in Brazil is organising 2 events targeting startups and innovative organisations:
- Matchmaking & Innovation Tour to Brazil considered as a unique networking opportunity for European organizations operating in the area of Bioeconomy, (Renewable) Energies and technologies applied to these sectors (23-27 September 2019). Explanatory webinar: 4 July. Deadline to apply: 30 July.
- Webinar for Brazilian startups who wish to go international in Europe and explore possibilities to expand or start their business in the European Union. The webinar will be in Portuguese. When: 25 June 2019, 10.00 am BRT (Brasilia time)
More information and search: https://www.euraxess.de/