The College is now accepting applications for Travel Awards.
The deadline for application submission is April 22, 2021 by 5:00pm Central Time.
The American College of Neuropsychopharmacology (ACNP) annually selects distinguished young scientists in the field of neuropsychopharmacology to be part of our Travel Award program. These awards offer an opportunity to attend an outstanding scientific program in clinical and basic research on brain-behavior-drug interactions; become aware of the most recent, and often unpublished, advances in psychopharmacology; and meet and interact with internationally distinguished researchers and scientists.
TRAVEL AWARD BENEFITS INCLUDE:
• An ACNP member mentor for the annual meeting
• Waived annual meeting registration for award recipient and accompanying spouse or significant other
• Up to five nights lodging at the Hyatt House San Juan or Hyatt Place San Juan City Center
• Round trip coach airfare to and from the annual meeting
• $100 ground transportation stipend
• A daily stipend of $50 for meals for up to six days
• Onsite childcare stipend of $80 per day, per child for up to six days
• An automatic invitation to attend four (4) additional annual meetings with reduced registration rate and the opportunity to present a poster at each annual meeting.
Any scientist worldwide is eligible to apply for a travel award as long as they are no more than 5 years beyond final training and meet one of the below training/post training limits.
• Junior level applicants are defined as those individuals who are below Assistant Professor or equivalent level if in a non–academic institution i.e., trainees including psychiatric residents, Pharm.D. residents, interns and post-doctoral fellows.
• Senior level applicants are defined as those individuals who are at the Assistant Professor level or its equivalent, but not a R01 awardee. Pharm.D. will have earned Pharm.D., and have clinical, translational or applied research training (e.g. Ph.D., fellowship/post-doc, MS equivalent or foreign equivalent).
• M.D., M.D./Ph.D., Pharm.D., Pharm.D./Ph.D. Student trainee applicants are defined as those individuals who are currently candidates for M.D., M.D./Ph.D., Pharm.D., and Pharm.D./Ph.D. programs.
APPLICATION SUBMISSION SITE will open on March 15, 2021.
To apply, please visit: https://acnp.org/annual-meeting/travel-awards/
DEADLINE: Applications for Travel Awards must be submitted by April 22nd by 5:00 pm Central Time
*Candidates from underrepresented populations in science and medicine are encouraged to apply.
*Previous Travel Awardees are not eligible to apply.
*Application supporting letters must be written and submitted by an ACNP member. Supporting letters from non-members will not be accepted.