Instructions to Submit an Abstract and Register for Neuroscience 2021 at the SfN Member Rate
Abstract Submission – Submit your abstract at www.sfn.org/cfa. Submission opens July 6 and closes July 15, 5:00 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time (EDT)
If you are a current SfN member, you are NOT eligible to use an ISM abstract slot. Members are prohibited from submitting an abstract using an ISM abstract slot.
You will be required to pay a $145 nonrefundable abstract submission fee unless you reside in a fee-exempt Category I, II, or III country, as defined by the World Bank (see list).
Submitting Your Abstract
Follow the instructions below to submit your abstract. Screenshots have been included for further clarification.
Create an Account
You must have an SfN nonmember online account to submit your abstract. If you have never interacted with the Society (i.e. registered for the annual meeting, applied for an award, etc.), follow the instructions below to start the abstract submission process. If you had a member account with SfN in the past or a previous nonmember account (i.e., for nonmember registration or as a past ISM submitter), refer to the instructions below for submitting your abstract.
Creating an SfN Nonmember Online Account
1. Go to www.sfn.org and select the “Sign In” link at the top of the page.
2. Follow the instructions on the right-side of the page for creating a new user account. 3. Complete all required information for creating a new account.
Abstract Submission Instructions
Begin here if you have already set up your SfN nonmember online account.
- Go to the Call for Abstracts page and select the “SUBMIT NOW” button.
- Log in using your SfN username (usually an e-mail address) and password. If you do not have an account for SfN.org, you will be prompted to create one.
- On the following page following the log-in screen, review your information and make changes as needed. You will be required to enter your ISM Abstract Code in the ISM Abstract Code field at the bottom right of the page to proceed to abstract submission.
NOTE: All ISM Abstract Codes begin with “ABS20”. Codes beginning with any other letters are invalid.
- Follow the online instructions and complete the required information to submit an abstract.
Problems with submission?
- Your ISM Abstract Code is a 5-digit numeric code use on the page following log-in. It is not your password for SfN.org. You must use or create a log-in account with your own, personal password.
- ISM abstract codes can only be used by one person.
- If you are a current SfN member, you are not eligible to use an ISM Abstract Slot.
- If you are still encountering log-in problems, contact your regional administrator.
Screenshots from Web Site
- Go to http://www.sfn.org/cfa and select the “Submit Now” button. Log in using your nonmember online SfN account. New users must create an account.
- Validate your ISM Abstract Code to proceed with abstract submission.
Annual Meeting Registration at SfN Member Rate – Register at www.sfn.org/registration
Registration opens Wednesday, August 5. Abstract submission and payment of the abstract handling fee is separate from meeting registration. Submitting an abstract DOES NOT register you for the annual meeting. You must still register for the meeting by paying the applicable registration fees.